Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ready For Baby

I am at that point where the baby cannot come soon enough. I know a lot of women go late and I shouldn't complain quite yet, but I am going to.

My feet are gigantic and they hurt. My back hurts. It is hard to sleep. Getting up and down has become a chore and I miss playing with my toddler daughter. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband that rough houses with her, bounces her in his lap, and does all the thing I want to but just can't. Mila has definitely become a daddy's girl.

I was lucky that Mila came ten days early. I remember it so clearly. The night before I was so uncomfortable that I asked my husband to massage the pressure points to induce labor and he did. I also ate an entire pineapple. I went to bed afterwards and didn't expect anything to come out of it.

The next day my friend came over so we could spend the day together. During that pregnancy, I wanted frozen yogurt all the time and I wanted it that afternoon.

Right before we were about to walk out the door, I felt a gush of liquid. It was not like I expected or had seen on television. It was just enough to wet my shorts and not some huge puddle on the floor. I really thought I just peed on myself and did not think my water just broke. We were taught in birthing class that water breaking at home rarely happens and it almost always is something happens at the hospital.

I still wanted frozen yogurt so we continued to Yopop. It wasn't until we were on the way back home that I actually felt a contraction. It was manageable, so I still was in denial and thought it was Braxton Hick contractions. About an hour and a half later, they were definitely getting stronger. I called my husband and said he needed to get home. I think he was in disbelief too as we had a couple false calls prior.

By the time he was home, I knew it was time to call the doctor. She told us to come in right then, so we grabbed our bags and were on the way. When we reached the hospital, I could barely get out of the truck. I remember rocking back and forth with my arms on top of the 4runner trying to get some relief.

We headed into Labor and Delivery after that contraction and as soon as I stepped on the elevator there was another gush. I knew for sure this time that this is it. We are having a baby!

About nine hours later, we had the most beautiful gift, a baby Mila.

My doctor has already told me not to expect the same results with this baby, but I cannot help but think the 13th could be the date. My husband has hopes of it being on Mother's Day. I have no problem with that day either.

I keep thinking about all the women that have there babies one and two weeks after their due dates. I truly have sympathy for those women. I may even become one of those women. Come on baby Max, I am more than ready to meet you!

And for no other reason other than I just want to, here is a picture of my daughter. I feel so incredibly blessed to be her Mommy.


  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day Gift that would be....

  2. I hear you - I was miserable near the end of my pregnancy as well. Plus, mid-summer, I was HOT and constantly sweating. I was always told water breaking at home wasn't likely, but it happened for me also. Good luck - hope you get to meet your sweet little boy soon!