Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

My Pregnancy Must Haves

  1. Prenatal Vitamins. Everyone knows these are a must before getting pregnant, while pregnant, and even after being pregnant while breastfeeding.  I have been taking a prenatal vitamin everyday for the last four years at least. They have become part of my daily routine. I don't see getting off them anytime soon.
  2. AngelSounds Fetal Doppler. This has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. I spent fifty dollars on Amazon when pregnant with my first and am using the doppler again now. Nothing sounds more beautiful than that galloping horse heartbeat I hear when listening to my belly. The reassurance that everything is okay is worth a million bucks.
  3. Pedicures. I admit I like pedicures all the time, but they seem so much better when pregnant. Not only do pedicures soothe sore feet, improve circulation, and reduce swelling, but they feel good. Bring on the hot stones.
  4. Decaf Coffee K cups. Limiting caffeine is important, but I have to still have my coffee to wake up. The placebo effect works on me and the decaf coffee is still tasty.
  5. Yoga Pants. Sad but true. On weekends and nights, I live in yoga pants. Surprisingly, I can even get in to my old extra small pants. They must be super stretchy.
  6. Danskos.  It took a while to actually make the purchase. I thought they were old woman nurse shoes. I am so glad I went for it and bought these shoes.  Being a school counselor, I am on my feet a lot. These shoes are so comfortable. These some-what ugly Danskos are now my go-to shoes and my designer boots are sitting in the closet.
  7. Tissues. My nose has been runny most of this pregnancy. I am one of the not so lucky ones that falls in that thirty percent of pregnant women that have congestion without allergies or a viral infection. I sleep with tissues beside the bed. I have tissues in my car and a box on my desk at work. Kleenex has to love when I am preggo.
  8. Keratin Hair Treatment. It took a lot of research but as soon as I knew this treatment was safe, I was in. Be sure the product used does not contain formaldehyde, as that chemical is dangerous for pregnant women. My hair is now so much more manageable and smooth. Being pregnant is tiring and my energy is zapped. Every minute saved getting ready is valued. I love not having to blow dry my hair. I definitely recommend this to future Mommy's that want straight hair. 
  9. Snoogle. I would say any body pillow will do, but it won't. I have had other body pillows and they don't compare to the snoogle. This pillow is awesome, and I cannot sleep with out it. I do feel sorry for my husband as it takes up a lot of the bed and is often stuck smack dab in the middle of us.
  10. Warm Baths. Of course you have to use common sense and be sure not to get the water too hot, but warm baths can be so relaxing. That twenty minutes a day is the perfect way for me to relieve stress and unwind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment