Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gender Reveal

Some don't even know I am pregnant and today is the day we find out if the baby is a boy or girl! Some decide to wait until the baby is born to find out the sex. My husband and I want to know as soon as the ultrasound will show us.We are paying to find out at fifteen weeks, the earliest Prenatal Peak will take a look. And actually I am two days earlier than that.

I know all the pros and cons to finding out baby's sex, but I am not exactly sure what my need to know is. Sure, setting up a nursery is fun. Buying cute little baby clothes is enjoyable. I don't need time to accept one gender over another because honestly I don't care. Maybe it is because the sex of the baby is one of the favorite and only conversations friends, family, and people behind you in the grocery line know how to have with a pregnant woman. Anyone and everyone will talk to a pregnant lady but usually the conversation starts and finishes with, "Is it a boy or girl?"

Not knowing a child's sex until their birthday has been the human experience for centuries, which makes not finding out seem natural. I guess I am just unnatural. I have never been good with surprises and my husband often comments about my lack of patience. That has to be it. 

Mommy and Daddy are dying to know, is there a little XX or XY baby in there? Our hopes are up high, so baby please be in the right position.

No comments:

Post a Comment